A few weeks ago, we went to my sister’s house for dinner. She learned about a year or two ago that she has a sensitivity to gluten, so she’s been living the gluten-free diet for the past few months. She’s found some really great recipes including this Lemon and Asparagus Pasta which is not only gluten free, but healthy too!<
- 1 lb. of gluten free pasta such as Quinoa
- Zest and Juice of 2 organic Lemons
- 1 Clove of Garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/4 c. Scallions, including tops, sliced crosswise
- 3/4 c. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. of fresh Organic Asparagus
- 2 T. of fresh, organic Italian Parsley, chopped
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Instructions for cooking the great gluten free pasta!
- Cook pasta as directed and cook asparagus as desired.
- In a serving bowl, place lemon juice and zest, garlic, scallions, parsley, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Whisk gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the Asparagus is done cooking, cut it in 1 inch chunks on an angle.
- When pasta is done, drain and add pasta to serving bowl with the Olive Oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Add Asparagus and toss.
- Top with generous amounts of Parmesan cheese.