Do you suffer from hair envy? Is your hair curly, but you wish it were straight? It’s more common than you think. People admire hairstyles that they think they can’t achieve on their own. People who have curly or wavy hair, want to have straight hair. It goes the other way around too. For this particular instance, let’s say you have curly hair, and you want to get it straight. You don’t want to spend a fortune on hair products that you aren’t sure will work. There are some home remedies to straighten hair naturally. You might be able to find most of the items you’ll need in your own kitchen.
- One remedy you can use to straighten your hair involves coconut milk and lemon juice. Pour eight ounces of coconut milk into a cup or a glass. Add in the juice of one full lemon. It is best to use the juice from the actual fruit, not lemon juice from a bottle. Mix the contents thoroughly and refrigerate it. You want to leave the mixture in the refrigerator until you see a creamy layer on the top. Before getting your hair wet, apply the cream to your hair. Make sure you get every strand of hair covered with this mixture. Wrap your hair in a towel for about an hour and then wash your hair like your normally would. If you use this concoction three times a week, your hair should straighten gradually over time.
- Another kitchen concoction you can use to straighten your hair naturally, is to use milk, honey, and strawberries. Use one cup of milk and add in a few drops of normal honey. Mash up a few strawberries and add them to the mixture. Apply this to your hair, making sure you get every piece of hair that you can, and wrap your hair in a towel for about two hours. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo as you normally would. Brush your hair using a wide toothed comb, and blow your hair dry with a hair dryer. This should allow the hair to come out straighter than before.
- Using hot oil on your hair is another way to straighten hair naturally. You can use any type of oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. Heat the oil so it’s warm and apply it to your scalp. You don’t want the oil to get too hot, or you’ll burn yourself. Once your scalp is thoroughly covered with the warm oil, wrap your head with a hot towel and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your hair like normal, and it should come out straighter than it normally would.
- Using a hair dryer can get your hair straight, but it may take a while. It’s all in the process of how you blow dry it sometimes. You will need to get some straightening balm. A straightening balm will make it easier to hold your hair straight for a longer period of time. After washing your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner, brush through the strands with a wide toothed comb. Apply the straightening balm to the ends of your hair and a little bit more at the roots. Use your comb to comb the balm through the hair. Using a comb to apply the balm ensures you get maximum coverage. Next, divide your hair into layers. Start at the bottom layer first and begin to blow dry. Use a round brush to brush your hair straight as you blow dry. Work your way through the lower layer until the hair is completely dry and straight. Move on to the next layer and so on.
Even if you don’t have straight hair, it is possible to get it straight all by yourself. Using some of these home remedies to straighten hair naturally, will have you looking fabulous in no time.
Photo by maury.mccown
Incoming search terms:
- home remedy to make hair straight
- home remedy to straighten hair
- home remedy for straight hair
- how can i get permanet straight hair with home remedy
- straighten hair naturally
- straight hair treatment
- natural treatment to straighten hair
- how to straighten curled weaves home remedy
- Home remedy for relaxing hair