I’ve recently heard that women absorb many harmful toxins through make-up each year and it got me thinking about how much make-up I actually wear and if I should stop. For me, I don’t think going bare-faced is a real option, but I recently got some samples of organic make-up from NVEY ECO. I’ve been using their blush for about a month now and haven’t had any kind of breakouts or any other problems – and I have sensitive skin!
Here are some of the wonderful things about them:
- They’re Talc Free and Paraben Free
- They’re Preservative Free
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS) Free
- Propylene Glycol Free
- No ingredients are derived from genetically modified crops
- Their products are not tested on animals
- They have no petroleum based ingredients
- No Nanotechnology based ingredients
- They’re certified organic
They’re prices are a bit more expensive than some you’d find at make-up counters, but still comparable to others. Also, this would be an exceptional product if you’re conscious of your health and the toxins from most other make-up.
Since you can’t try the products on before you buy, I asked how they tell people what shades to get. They gave me a celebrity comparison to help:
- Fair – Cynthia Nixon / Ann Hathaway / Naomi Watts / Nicole Kidman
- Light – Sarah Jessica Parker / Sandra Bullock / Alyssa Milano / Jessica Simpson
- Medium – Jennifer Lopez / Jessica Alba / Eva Longoria
- Deep / Dark – Gabrielle Union / Jennifer Hudson / Oprah
NVEY ECO has generously offered a 20% discount to NHE Readers, so if you’d like to try these products out, this is the time! Type in “NHE-20” when you check-out.