The nice folks from True Lemon sent me a bunch of packets to review. In fact, they not only sent me the True Lemon packets, but also the True Orange and True Lime packets as well. Before I get into what I thought about them, I will explain what they are.
As you may already know there are many health benefits of drinking lemon water. Squeezing a little lemon into your glass of water is one of the best ways to start restoring PH balance to your body. So the True Lemon folks created a way to simplify the process by turning the lemon juice into crystallized lemon in a packet form. It makes it a lot easier to take it with you when you are not at home.
According to the True Lemon website:
Each serving provides:
- Consistent fresh lemon or lime taste without any mess, waste or inconvenience;
- 100 percent all natural ingredients including fresh lemon or lime juices and oils;
- 0 calories and 0g carbohydrates;
- No artificial or natural sweeteners;
- No preservatives or sodium; and
- Offers 25 percent of an adult’s daily Vitamin C requirements.
True Lemon and True Lime have been embraced by people across the country including:
- Lemon and lime lovers who like the products’ convenience;
- People who are tired of throwing away unused fresh lemons and limes;
- Home chefs;
- Professional chefs and caterers;
- People on-the-go;
- Campers, backpackers and hikers;
- Runners and cyclists;
- Extreme sports devotees;
- Boaters and sailors;
- Frequent travelers;
- Those who want to increase their water consumption;
- People avoiding artificial or natural sweeteners
- People looking to reduce sodium in their diet; and
- People with diabetes, hypertension and other health-related conditions.
My thoughts about the True Lemon products
- I have to be honest, I was pretty skeptical at first. I was thinking this was going to be similar to a Kool-Aid packet with a bunch of artificial junk, but they are made from all natural ingredients. As far as taste goes, I really can’t tell the difference between a fresh lemon squeeze and the packets.
- The lime packets tasted like what I would expect lime to taste like in a beverage. I can’t recall the last time I had fresh lime in a drink, but it tasted fine.
- The True Orange on the other hand was pretty bad. It tastes a lot more like the orange peel than actually having a sprinkle or orange juice added. I would avoid it and stick with the True Lemon or Lime products. They are clearly better in my opinion.